Tag Archives: Tweedy Road

Former Town Hall extension – Heritage Building Profile

The neo-Georgian style former Town Hall extension (now Exchequer House) in Widmore Road, was built in 1938-39 and designed by Charles Cowles-Voysey (see wiki), well known for his work on town hall and public buildings in the 1920’s and 1930’s. He … Continue reading

Posted in Historic_Buildings | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on Former Town Hall extension – Heritage Building Profile

Former Town Hall – Heritage Building Profile

The former Town Hall in Tweedy Road was built in 1906 by R Frank Atkinson in a neo-Wren style. The hipped slate roof has a central cupola constructed in timber, set above a fine entrance porch. Officially opened by Mayor … Continue reading

Posted in Historic_Buildings | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Former Town Hall – Heritage Building Profile

Bromley North Station – Heritage Building Profile

The original timber buildings which formed Bromley North Station were rebuilt in 1925, just prior to the electrification of the line. The railway, both here and at Bromley South, altered Bromley’s existence as a market town. A population of 5,500 … Continue reading

Posted in Historic_Buildings | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Bromley North Station – Heritage Building Profile