Tag Archives: High Street (North)

Picture House Opening Date Is Announced

Just in case our readers haven’t already heard, the cinema on the High Street, that has just been converted to a Picture House, has an opening date, Friday 7th June! When visiting our new venue, don’t forget to look for … Continue reading

Posted in Blog | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Picture House Opening Date Is Announced

Press Release: Bromley High Street could qualify for a share of £44 million

In recognition that HERITAGE IS A TRADING ASSET the government has put forward £44 million for High Streets, like Bromley, that are in Conservation Areas.   Bromley is expected to apply with an ‘Expression of Interest’ by 12 noon 12th … Continue reading

Posted in BCS news, Blog | Tagged | Comments Off on Press Release: Bromley High Street could qualify for a share of £44 million

208-214 High Street former Tunnel Shoes – Heritage Buildings

Tunnel Shoes occupy the original 1902 premises of Boots the Chemists. The Art Nouveau wrought iron work in front of the first floor windows is typical of boots in this period and similar work can also be seen in Boots … Continue reading

Posted in High St North | Tagged , | Comments Off on 208-214 High Street former Tunnel Shoes – Heritage Buildings

Walters Yard – Heritage

Until the end of the 18th century the east side of the High Street from The Bell Inn northwards, including part of the side of the college, comprised land called Grete House. This was a large private estate now covered … Continue reading

Posted in High St North | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Walters Yard – Heritage

194 High Street formally Pamphilons – Heritage Building Profile

Nos. 196-198 High Street was a dwelling house which became used as a wine merchant towards the end of the 18th century. George Pamphilon became the owner in 1865 and in 1876 he rebuilt the premises. The timber shopfront reflects … Continue reading

Posted in Arts And Crafts, High St North | Tagged , | Comments Off on 194 High Street formally Pamphilons – Heritage Building Profile

194 High Street, the Partridge – Heritage Building Profile

The Partridge Public House stands at the junction of Church Road and was originally built for the National Provincial Bank in 1927 by architects Gunton & Gunton. It became a Public House in 1995.

Posted in High St North | Tagged , | Comments Off on 194 High Street, the Partridge – Heritage Building Profile

The Star And Garter – Heritage building profile

One of the best Arts and Crafts buildings around, with extravagant turret, balcony and decoration. The Star & Garter Inn was constructed in 1898 and was designed by Berney and Sons for Nalder and Collyer, a local Croydon brewer.  It … Continue reading

Posted in Arts And Crafts, High St North | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on The Star And Garter – Heritage building profile