High Street No. 232 – Heritage Building

This shop was the site of Morley’s Academy, which was on the upper floors, where the author HG Wells went to school, after he had graduated from the Dame school on south street. It was demolished in 1902 and replaced with the current building.

Shop with 3 storeys brick Arts and Crafts era above.
The building which replaced Morley’s Academy that the author HG Wells attended.
This entry was posted in High St North and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.