Tag Archives: Picture_House

High Street No. 242, Picture House Cinema – Heritage Buildings

Opened on the 21st December 1936, it is one of Odeon’s original “Oscar Deutsch Odeon” cinemas, in Art Deco style, by George Coles. It seated 1,492 in the main auditorium; with 1,018 in the stalls and 474 in the circle. … Continue reading

Posted in Art Deo, High St North | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on High Street No. 242, Picture House Cinema – Heritage Buildings

Picturehouse is new home for rescued Art Deco Screens

“Look out in the new Picturehouse Cafe for the Art Deco screens from the former Co-op in Widmore Road.

Posted in Blog | Tagged | Comments Off on Picturehouse is new home for rescued Art Deco Screens