Tag Archives: Neo-Classical

First Church of Christ Scientist

Striking octagonal building on Widmore Road. The listing describes it as “Christian Science Church. 1928 by E Braxton Sinclair in an inventive Neo-Classical style with brickwork and doors reminiscent of Art-Deco cinemas”. The peripheries have been converted to housing, along … Continue reading

Posted in compass streets, Neo-Classic | Tagged , , | Comments Off on First Church of Christ Scientist

Bromley North Station – Heritage Building Profile

The original timber buildings which formed Bromley North Station were rebuilt in Neo-Classical style, in 1925, by the Chief Architect of Southern Railway, James Robb Scott. This was just prior to the electrification of the line.  Charmingly, Wiki refers to … Continue reading

Posted in Tweedy Rd | Tagged , , , , | Comments Off on Bromley North Station – Heritage Building Profile

194 High Street, the Partridge – Heritage Building Profile

The Partridge Public House stands at the junction of Church Road and was originally built for the National Provincial Bank in 1927 by architects Gunton & Gunton. It became a Public House in 1995.

Posted in High St North | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on 194 High Street, the Partridge – Heritage Building Profile