Former Town Hall extension – Heritage Building Profile

The neo-Georgian style former Town Hall extension (now Exchequer House) in Widmore Road, was built in 1938-39 and designed by Charles Cowles-Voysey (see wiki), well known for his work on town hall and public buildings in the 1920’s and 1930’s. He was the son of Charles Voysey, one of Britain’s most influential architects.

blue-slate roofed 2-storey neo-georgian building

Neo-Georgian Town Hall Extension

This entry was posted in Uncategorized and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.