Aberdeen Buildings – this distinctive high profile parade was built in 1887 by a local butcher, Amos Borer. His premises was the end shop (which was “No 1 Aberdeen Buildings” but is now 107-109 High Street, occupied by Clarke’s Shoes).
The architecture is French Empire and thought to be a tribute to the Emperor Napoleon III and Empress Eugenie, who lived in exile at Camden Place, Chislehurst. Mr Borer held the coveted title of being ‘Purveyor of Meat’, by Royal Appointment, to the Prince of Wales.
An old postcard view of them: