Tag Archives: White Hart Field

Queens Gardens and formerly White Hart Field

In 1897 the lord of the manor, Charles Cole-Childs, gave the field known as White Hart Field, to the people. This became Queens Gardens. Before the Glades was built it stretched between Market Square and the Bishops Palace (the Bishops … Continue reading

Posted in HG Wells locations | Tagged , , | Comments Off on Queens Gardens and formerly White Hart Field