Tag Archives: South Street

Community House (former Magistrates Court) – Heritage Building Profile

The former Magistrates Court was designed in 1939 by C Cowles Voysey and forms part of an identifiable group of public buildings with the Fire Station and the Town Hall complex.

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on Community House (former Magistrates Court) – Heritage Building Profile

The Fire Station – Heritage Building Profile

The Fire Station was designed by Stanley Hawkings, the Borough Engineer, and was completed in 1905 at a cost of £5,191 12s 6d. Before this the fire brigade was located on West street opposite Sainsburys.  

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , | Comments Off on The Fire Station – Heritage Building Profile

Number 8 South Street – HG Wells Dame school

No. 8 South Street is where Mrs Knotts dame school was attended by a young H.G. Wells between 1871 and 1874. We have more about HG Wells in Bromley at our page here.

Posted in Uncategorized | Tagged , , , | Comments Off on Number 8 South Street – HG Wells Dame school