First Church of Christ Scientist

Striking octagonal building on Widmore Road. The listing describes it as “Christian Science Church. 1928 by E Braxton Sinclair in an inventive Neo-
Classical style with brickwork and doors reminiscent of Art-Deco cinemas”.

The peripheries have been converted to housing, along with the neighbouring police station, but the main building seems to be gently decaying.

This entry was posted in compass streets, Neo-Classic and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.