The Railway Tavern Public House – Heritage Building Profile

The Railway Tavern Public House was built in 1879, by Berney & Sons who also designed the Star & Garter public house in the High Street.

On the side facing the station, there’s a panel with the initials N & C for the brewers Nalder and Collyer. There are visual references to shells (from the heraldic device of the scallop shell for the Rochester Diocese) and the brewers can be seen in plaster motifs and terracotta panels. It stands opposite Bromley North Station.

This entry was posted in Arts And Crafts and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.