The Old Drill Hall (now O’Neils) – Heritage Building Profile

The Drill Hall, Nos 27-29 East Street, was opened in 1872 for use by the Bromley Volunteer Rifle Corps. Town celebrations and events were held here. It became a public house in 1997.

a street with soldiers assembled and people watching

1914 advance guard departing to Dover

Hall with decorated stage and lots of chairs

1872 Decorated for opening concert- when Sir Arthur Sullivan (Gilbert & Sullivan) played piano.

x

 

This entry was posted in compass streets and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.