West Street No. 01 Former Electric Company – Heritage Buildings

Built in 1908 this building housed the offices of Bromley Electric Light Company. Behind was the coal-fired ‘power station’ whose tall chimney dominates old photos of the town centre. It was there for over 30 years.

The architectural style is ‘Queen Anne’ – ‘Streaky Bacon’.

This entry was posted in Arts And Crafts, compass streets and tagged , , . Bookmark the permalink.