Homeopathy was a popular treatment in Bromley, starting in 1865 when part of the White Hart Inn was opened as a homeopathic dispensary, and when it outgrew this accommodation, Bromley’s first homeopathic hospital opened in 1889 at 19 Widmore Road. This backed onto White Hart Field (part of which is now Queens Gardens).
“When a new homeopathic hospital was under discussion, the Lord of the Manor, Coles Child, presented White Hart Field to Bromley in 1897, part given for the hospital and the rest laid out as a public recreation ground.”
“Phillips Homeopathic Hospital had opened in 1900, was enlarged further in 1907, but it was bombed in WWII by a direct hit and although it temporarily became a home for homeless people, escalating costs meant that it was eventually demolished in 1951.”
With the recreation ground next door, patients had used what was then called Victoria Gardens, but now renamed to Queens Gardens, during their convalescence.
* London Gardens Trust: from https://londongardenstrust.org/conservation/inventory/site-record/?ID=BRO061